About The Photographer

My photo
I have been taking photographs all my life. At age 10, I borrowed my father's old Pentax camera and headed out to the fields. I took my first photography class a year after under the guidance of a documentary filmmaker, developed my first B&W photo and was hooked. I have never stopped "thinking in frames" since. I pursued a career in science that trained me to be thorough, precise, patient. But photography remained my passion and I am only truly happy when behind the camera.

Website: http://www.themagicoflight.com

Follow The-Magic-of-Light Photography on Facebook ~

Read and Write Reviews on Yelp ~

Thursday, October 14, 2010

{ Christina & Ari Wedding } "Cinema Paradiso"
San Mateo Wedding Photographer

Christina contacted me in early spring and these were her words: "Your style is candid and beautiful and your pictures tell a story. We have such a story to tell and I know you can capture our precious moments for us to remember." She told me about hers and Ari's teenage love that blossomed while their families vacationed together in Yosemite. They both felt they were meant to be together but so early in their lives, their paths separated. Almost 30 years later, they reconnected through Facebook , discovered that they still deeply cared for one another, and made plans to finally marry. When Christina told me the date they had picked for their wedding, I got sad. I was booked. It happens all the time, but this time, for the first time, I felt like I was missing out on something important, meaningful, genuinely heartfelt. So I was really excited when a few weeks later, she told me they are changing their venue AND their date. I was available and without hesitation, I agreed to be their wedding photographer. When I looked through their neatly prepared wedding website I noticed they had picked a soundtrack song from the movie Cinema Paradiso to celebrate their Silician roots. Cinema Paradiso happens to be one of my favorite movies of all times (my website also features some of E. Morricone music!). Young love, lost (but not forgotten) love, strong wish for reunion...so many parallels with this special couple! Christina and Ari celebrated their own reunion in the circle of close friends and their loving children. Needles to say, it was a very special day, filled with joy, tears and endless gratitude. True love is worth waiting for. True love never dies and after witnessing it all, I am pretty sure their honeymoon will never end either.


Zacetek Blog

Prstana Blog

Uhani Blog

Prsti Blog

Peek Blog

Na Vrhu Blog

B&WBlog

PortretBlog

Ogledalo Blog

Priprave Blog

Klavir

Poljubcek Blog

Rozica Blog

The look of faith between the sisters before they headed to the ceremony
Sestri Blog

Christina's twin sons walked her down the aisle
Sinova Blog

Prihaja Blog

Vrtnica Blog

Fantek Blog

Obraza Blog

This is probably my favorite shot of the day...
Solza Blog

Govor Blog

Porocena Blog

Odhod Blog

Sreca Blog

Poljub Blog

Christina is a nanny to two cute boys. The younger one could hardly wait till the ceremony ended to give her this sweet hug!
Objemcek Blog

Portret Blog

Veranda Blog

The wedding cake was made by Christina's daughter
Details Blog

BozaBoza Blog

SmehBlog

Christina's daughter was wiping off her mom's tears of happiness...what a moment!
HcerkaSolzaBlog

Svecnik Blog

Srecen Ples Blog

PleseBW Blog

Prvi Ples Blog

Party Blog

Sopek Blog

Garter Blog

Ari is a musician and he sang to his bride...
Pevec Blog

Klavir Blog

Kitara Blog

Roki Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment