About The Photographer

My photo
I have been taking photographs all my life. At age 10, I borrowed my father's old Pentax camera and headed out to the fields. I took my first photography class a year after under the guidance of a documentary filmmaker, developed my first B&W photo and was hooked. I have never stopped "thinking in frames" since. I pursued a career in science that trained me to be thorough, precise, patient. But photography remained my passion and I am only truly happy when behind the camera.

Website: http://www.themagicoflight.com

Follow The-Magic-of-Light Photography on Facebook ~

Read and Write Reviews on Yelp ~

Thursday, July 14, 2011

{ Personality Explosion } Family Photo Session
San Carlos Family Photographer
Half Moon Bay Family Photographer

This is a collection of images from two sessions that I had with this family within a period of three months. I could write the whole paragraph about how genuinely nice and friendly everybody was...But I want to touch on something else. Something that always inspires me and pushes me to work harder, better. And that is not only capturing memorable images but capturing personality and dynamics between my subjects. It takes time and often does not happen within the duration of one session. It must be one of the main reasons why people gravitate back to the same photographer for many years. Comfort brings spontaneity and that shows in images. Sometimes way stronger than light and composition!

During our first session, we captured fragments from their life. Cultural richness, attachment to aging four-legged friend, playing instruments, enjoying baseball. But I sensed there's more to these polite, sweet boys. And that we might not have enough time to capture it. However, a few months later, at the beach parking lot in Half Moon Bay, the car door opened with a slam and they came running out to me. This time, they knew me (and my intimidating cameras!), their smiles wide and so ready to play! I kept pressing the shutter. They kept running. And climbing trees. And having "grass wars". And flying a kite on the beach. And (inevitably) getting all wet ;-)

Don't know what else to say. It was great to see this personality explosion!


DruzinaBlog

BrataBlog

ViolinaBlog

ViolinBlog

PianoBlog

BalkonBlog

BaseballBlog

SkokBlog

PortretTravaBlog

MamiFantaBlog

MamiBlog

PlezanjeBlog

NaDebluBlog

SvetlobaBlog

BrataVTraviBlog

TravaBlog

ObalaBlog

ZmajBlog

ZmajDruzinaBlog

RepBlog

PortretBlog

ParBlog

BeachBlog

KiteBlog

ZadnjaBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment