About The Photographer

My photo
I have been taking photographs all my life. At age 10, I borrowed my father's old Pentax camera and headed out to the fields. I took my first photography class a year after under the guidance of a documentary filmmaker, developed my first B&W photo and was hooked. I have never stopped "thinking in frames" since. I pursued a career in science that trained me to be thorough, precise, patient. But photography remained my passion and I am only truly happy when behind the camera.

Website: http://www.themagicoflight.com

Follow The-Magic-of-Light Photography on Facebook ~

Read and Write Reviews on Yelp ~

Sunday, December 8, 2013

{ But it's OK. }
San Francisco Family Photographer
Half Moon Bay Photographer

I got asked quite a few times how come the images from my family sessions look so perfect, relaxed, calm. I only smiled. Because the reality couldn't be more different. But it's OK. Family sessions with small kids (yet exciting and amazingly rewarding!) are unpredictable, chaotic, ultra-active, exhausting, "constantly searching for Plan B" events, and yes, sometimes there are bribes involved too, lol! But it's OK. They NEVER happen as planned but they ALWAYS result in amazing images. It is important that parents who work with me for the first time know that. They can relax and know what to expect.

I worked with this sweet family before so they knew everything would be just fine when things didn't go as planned. You see...across the street from their house is this beautiful park with soft grass, trees painted in fall colors and complete privacy. But their little girl wasn't into it. At all. But it was OK. She wanted to go back to the house and we followed. In a matter of minutes she showed me Mr. Pig, gazed through the window with her big eyes, played hide-and-seek with Big Brother. And then she ran back outside and started skipping. It was the cutest thing and I can't even count the number of images that caught her in midair! It was perfection that captured her playful personality and that's ALL that matters. It was OK!

Family1Web Family2Web Family3Web Family4Web Par1Web Par2Web PogledWeb Listje1Web Listje2Web Listje3Web Listje4Web ListjeWeb5 PujsekWeb OknoWeb Vrata3Web Vrata4Web Vrata1Web Vrata2Web PorchWeb Skip1Web Skipping2Web Skipping3Web Skipping5Web SkokWeb OnWeb ZgorajWeb Pupa1Web NeboWeb FamilyWeb

No comments:

Post a Comment