About The Photographer

My photo
I have been taking photographs all my life. At age 10, I borrowed my father's old Pentax camera and headed out to the fields. I took my first photography class a year after under the guidance of a documentary filmmaker, developed my first B&W photo and was hooked. I have never stopped "thinking in frames" since. I pursued a career in science that trained me to be thorough, precise, patient. But photography remained my passion and I am only truly happy when behind the camera.

Website: http://www.themagicoflight.com

Follow The-Magic-of-Light Photography on Facebook ~

Read and Write Reviews on Yelp ~

Friday, April 26, 2013

{ Early bonds }
San Francisco Photographer
Half Moon Bay Photographer

After almost 15 years of living in this amazing country, I still feel there are certain lifestyle traits I will never get used to. Friendships "lost", a big one for me... Of course, they cannot (and aren't!) literally lost in today's virtually intertwined world. However, so many people that I closely bonded with during the years here, moved. Friends from the lab, musicians from Coro, photo pals. People in this country move. A lot. Especially when compared to my tiny European country. Remembering my childhood...early friends stuck around, neighbors were forever, nobody ever moved more than a couple of hours drive away... I remember only one occasion when a preschool buddy from a mixed marriage moved to a different country. I was only 5, but the memory of his last day at school has to be my most vivid memory from that time. It brings back incredible details of our confusion, the hugs, tears in teachers' eyes and the smell of a gigantic box of Medjool dates, his sweet treat of farewell. My daughter is 4 now and just starting to learn how to handle people entering and leaving her life. Her reactions seem to be very similar to the one described from my early days. But I am sure they won't stay that way. Unlike me, she will soon get used to such changes. Carmen, Mila, Neli...eventually she will stop asking how far away their new houses are and why she can't go play with them anymore. And it will be easier for her. But I am sure she will never forget. After all, we have the pictures... ;-)

Mila72

No comments:

Post a Comment