About The Photographer

My photo
I have been taking photographs all my life. At age 10, I borrowed my father's old Pentax camera and headed out to the fields. I took my first photography class a year after under the guidance of a documentary filmmaker, developed my first B&W photo and was hooked. I have never stopped "thinking in frames" since. I pursued a career in science that trained me to be thorough, precise, patient. But photography remained my passion and I am only truly happy when behind the camera.

Website: http://www.themagicoflight.com

Follow The-Magic-of-Light Photography on Facebook ~

Read and Write Reviews on Yelp ~

Monday, January 3, 2011

{ Starting Fresh }

I have to say, I am not a big fan of these first days of January. Have never been. They just seem so quiet, so lifeless. The old year is gone and the new one hasn't quite begun yet. And taking the Christmas tree down does not help matters. There is something special about almost every Christmas ornament that hangs on our tree. A special story, funny joke, loved person...and it is all brought back to life every December. Don't get me wrong. I am not an over-all fan of everything Christmas (especially not the over-the-top commercialized aspect of it). But I love how we slow down for the holidays, take time for each other and just enjoy everything cozy-warm-tasty-happy. As my husband sais, we have to take the ornaments down to be able to put them up again. Sometimes, to be able to enjoy little pleasures to the fullest, we have to live without them for a while. Plus, my daughter can't yet tell the difference between making and breaking the tree. She just wants "To Help!", in the happiest possible way. Now, it really is time to start fresh!


Okraski1Blog

NoieBlog

Okraski2BlogT

No comments:

Post a Comment